Monday, January 30, 2012


I cannot believe it has been half a year since my last post. I just don't know where the time went.

My resolution for 2012 is to post at least once a week. So far... I am 4 weeks behind. It's okay, January is not over.

Instead of looking back to catch up, let's just go bravely forward. Through a serious of undercooked and overcooked meals, I was able to purchase a new stove!!! It is a beauty. It has a split oven with one of them being a convection oven. There is a fifth burner in the middle of the stove top that came with a Lodge griddle. So for the last few days, I have been experimenting with all the buttons. I have been baking and cooking every gray day here in western PA. Molly is fussing that she is gaining weight. It's winter, we need the extra insulation.

My favorite drink - Winter or Summer - is iced green tea unsweetened. I would always order one at Starbuck's - one venti iced green tea unsweetened. However, lots of times, it came sweetened. People just have a hard time believing I really don't want or even like the extra sugar. Now that prices have increased everywhere, my favorite drink is over $2.00 per glass. I purchased an iced tea maker at Kmart for $22.49. I found an amazing green tea at Big Lots. Prince of Peace (I love the name) Premium Green Tea comes in box of 100 tea bags for $2.50. It makes a sharp, clean glass of green tea. My new favorite thing to do is to flavor the green tea with Bigelow brand Lemon Lift* tea bags, or Plantation Mint*. Stash brand tea is an excellent tea when you can find it here on the east coast. Stash is based in Portland, Oregon - it would be a great excuse to go to Portland again - just to get some Stash. Unfortunately, a trip to Portland is not in the travel budget this month - or this year for matter. I can just hear my husband now when I announce that I am headed to Portland to get more Stash. I was lucky to find a box of Stash Pomegranate Raspberry green tea at our TJMaxx. Always check the specialty food aisle when you stop in. I have found some fantastic treasures there.

Using the iced tea maker, follow the instructions for water, add 7 Prince of Peace green tea bags, 3 bags of flavored tea to the brew basket. Fill your pitcher with ice and press the start button. In about 5 minutes you have an icy pitcher of refreshing tea. Be sure to squeeze the tea bags into the pitcher and discard. Stir the pitcher well and pour over ice into a tall glass. Enjoy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment